


So on Saturday April 17th 2010, I ran a half marathon, that is 13.1 miles! I am pretty proud of myself for the accomplishment. During our 10 week training I might have quit like 3 times and took a 3 week break from running but in the end I did it and for the most part enjoyed it. I ran it with Julia, Linds, Katrina and Cindy. We ate pasta the night before and Linds had us read some inspirational quotes! I love these women. I had this immense emotion as we were running at the beginning of the race of how great these women are and how bonding this experience was. Funny story on our way to the starting line we were on trax and didn't know quite which stop was ours but we figured someone on the train would since it was full. So the train stops we wait to see if anyone gets up... no so we figure it is the wrong stop and wait for the next...oops to far. Not one person on this full train knew where to get off!! We were laughing and so were a lot of people as we started walking back to the previous stop. There were a ton of people racing and to be in a crowd as it starts was so exhilarating. I had a few problems on the race. Sorry if this is too personal but oh well. Running a long time gives me the runs. It is supposedly called the runners trots, but after about 8 miles I have to stop to use the restroom. Needless to say I had to stop 3 time and each was like 5 minutes!!! so frustrating and I had to walk a mile near the end so I didn't have an accident (which Ben told me would have been hilarious). But I finished it!! My time was 2:41 which I was hoping for better but I did have to stop so that is my excuse. The bad thing was the rest of the day I was in bad shape between my body hurting and me having to be in the bathroom every 10 minutes. I loved this race and we are all planning on doing one in august and there is a 5k in may! It feels so good to accomplish something like this. I am very proud of myself.


1 comments:
So you know...I think you are great. Way to go us! Loved doing this with you.
Post a Comment