Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hawaii!
















So I have been back from Hawaii for over a month and haven't posted on it yet. I was waiting to get some pictures from the rest of th family but I need to write so I don't forget. My awesome in-laws paid for us all to fly to hawaii and stay in some nice houses. We went to oahu and to the big island. Even though it rained most of the time we were there it was still beautiful. The first day we were there we went to the pcc. It is so awesome there. I love the polnesian culture. By the late afternoon it started to downpour and it came down hard, but we still had a lot of fun. Our tour guide was from mongolia and going to byu hawaii, and our server at dinner was from burma or now known as meanmar (don't know how to spell it). He had a fastenating story about life as a member. They couldn't openly worship so they would meet in secret and the bishop would let them leave one at a time every 5 mins or so. He says it is really hard to go in and out of his country and you can't preach to someone but they can ask questions and you can answer. I can't imagine having to hide to worship. It made me very grateful to live in a free country. Thursday we went to the dole factory and to the temple. Poor Ben had to work the whole day since the server at his work crashed. He worked alot during the vacation. Friday we went downtown honolulu, went shopping, had lunch costco then on to the airport to head to the big island. On Saturday went into kona and went parasailing!! That was so awesome. On sunday we we had lunch at this hotel in wakiloua beach. It was really good and the sun was out!!! We then went to a waterfall which on that side of the island it was pouring but it was still fun to see the waterfall. Then Ben and I, Jake and Pepper went to the valcano crater. Pretty awesome. Monday we had to split into two groups to go ziplining. Man was that such an amazing experience. The last zipline you do you jump over a ledge! It was beautiful. It was great to have some time alone with Ben and have no responsibilities. I slept alot. I think I was in bed everynight at like 9 or 9:30. I took naps in the morning. So relaxing. So gratful for the amazing trip from Ben's parents.

0 comments: