Tuesday, February 19, 2008

About my son


So this post is more for journal purposes so if you don't like long posts (as i dislike them) then don't go further because this will be long. My son was due on April 20th 2007. At 3:00 am on the morning of the 18th i started having contractions i arrived at the hospital at 9 am when i couldn't take the pain anymore. I did have an epidural!!! Thank heaven i would not have been able to last. I didnt have Sam until 11:30 that night. so like 20 hours from when contractions started to when i had him, and 14 and a half hours in the hospital. I had a fever when it was time to push of about 102 so they were worried about the baby. Also they broke my water and it had a ton of maconium so they had to have someone special there to suck stuff out of sam when he was born. I pushed for about an hour and a half when the dr said i could either keep pushing or he could use forceps. By that time i was so exhausted, i hadnt eaten in like 24 hours and was very sick, so we chose forceps. Ouch, they hurt even with an epideral. sam finally came and was perfect. I dont remember much after i had him i kept going in and out of conciousnes. I remeber holding him while i got stiches (it took about 45 minutes to stich me up) for about 2 minutes before i felt like i had to throw up. At one point Cindy wanted a picture of Ben, Sam and i so they lifted my bed up and as soon as it was up i guess i went green and i almost passed out. so fun! Sam was 8lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. he had a ton of hair that the nurses helped ben style in to a fohawk after his first bath. the hospital stay was great i just sat in bed and nurses helped with the baby. Going home was not so great. i did go to my in laws for a couple of days and then to my house which was a life saver. If you had seen me walk you would have laughed, i looked like i had just ridden a horse and i walked that way for about 2 weeks. Sam was a beautiful little boy but not always the easiest. He had reflux from about 2 weeks to about 6 months. he spit up after every meal and in between as well. he went through like 3 outfits a day. i bought a bunch of wash clothes that is used as spit up rags and i washed them like 2 or 3 times a week!!! ever since he was born he has moved non stop i swear. by the time he could hold his head up (which i swear was really quick) he wanted to stand. You could not sit him!!! He slept through the night at like 9 weeks which was a blessing to me since i need sleep or i can become evil. he was sitting by 6 months and two weeks later was crawling. it was really fast. He likes to be on the go and see everything. He loves the outdoors even since he was little. For a while mom was his everything but that has changed, it is now all about grandpa hansen. i don't know what it is about him but he is the greatest thing ever to my son, it can get irritating sometimes but what can you do. he has become a shy little boy,it kind of drives me nuts but what can you do. he is always on the go, always has to be doing something or seeing something which can get tiring but i love his energy. He is a special little boy that is here to teach me patience among other things. i am very grateful for him in my life and the joy he brings to me.

7 comments:

Lulu said...

I understand how you feel about your blog turning into more of a journal. I have been doing the same with mine since I started this about 3 weeks ago. It's nice...so keep posting. I like reading about what's going on. Your son is so adorable! Are you going to have more kids?

k.young said...

Cass, I know I say it a lot, but I just love you!!! You are wonderful.

Tillotson Family said...

funny how familiar this story is... We MUST be related because I swear the baby could have been named Nate. Same day even, same fever, same forceps etc. Sambo was a lot bigger though. We love & miss him!!

lacieinthesky said...

You gotta love them! Crew is an excellent sleeper, so I know how much of a blessing that is! I think I have your # still and mine hasn't changed, so call me and we can get together (ya, ya, ya) Sorry, that reminded me of the Parent Trap song..lol

Kim said...

I love your posts, Cassie! I love reading all the details and I am soooooooooooo grateful I didn't have your labor experience. You are one tough woman! Hats off to you! :)

Sunni said...

Good grief you went through a lot to get him here! You poor thing. Thank goodness for epidurals huh? I'm a huge fan myself...

Anonymous said...

This is perfect, now i get to hear all about you, and how how everything went.....I love blogs! Oh, I am just thinking how much I miss you, and how sad it is that we haven't talked or seen each other since your WEDDING!!! Ouch....sorry to hear about your wretched story....sucks to be you!:) They just get to cut me open and take the baby out....I like my way better!