Saturday, April 19, 2008

My baby is a year old!!!!

Yesterday Sam turned 1! I can't believe it has been a year already. Ben and I threw a party for him and so many came out. We had all but a few memebers of our family that couldn't come. We had pizza and ome yummy salads. Sam got so spoiled with toys and clothes!! It was awesome so many new toys to keep him a little bit more occupied. We tried to do the traditional eating of the cake in my family, so we set up a cake in front of am to dig into. He was just looking at it so I went over to get him into it and as soon as I put his hand in it to encourage him he threw up!. So i run to get something to clean up and someone tries to see if he wants a taste and he throws up again! Poor guy, we think it was the pizza and all the excitment that caused it. We even got it on film! I didn't get a lot of pictures because i was trying to make sure everything was good and I didn't even think to put someone in charge. So i only have a few. It was really fun to be able to have everyone over to celebrate my baby's day. I can't believe how fast it has gone and I am so gratful for this year. I love my little boy so much I can't imagine life without him.

4 comments:

k.young said...

I can't believe it has been a year! That is so crazy. Time is going by too fast! Have you guys thought about your timing for the next one?

Kim said...

A year already...craziness!!! I remember this time last year I was soooooooo jealous of you...my belly was about ready to pop! He is such an adorable little guy. I'm glad his birthday was fun, with the exception of the cake incident! :) Happy B-day to Sam and Ben!!

valerie said...

That's a first, I have never heard of a kid throwing up his cake, too funny, but very sad at the same time!
Now I can call you "old" cause you have a 1 year old! You keep calling me old after little events that happen with my kids! So back at ya babe!

Asay Family said...

My gosh the time goes so fast! He is so cute. I was laughing at hte whole throwing up thing but I feel so bad for him. How uncomfortable.
So we are having monthly get togethers with everyone. Brett and Kim, Jon and Alli, Brad and Megan, Jenny and Forset, Jenny and David and Paul and I. We would love for you guys to join us so the next one is May 24th at Jon and Alli's house. Mark your calendar and we hope to see you there. it is also in celebration of Hannah's first birthday as well. :) Crazy how fast they all grow.